Adults and children 12 years of age and older:
- Take 15 to 30 mL at bedtime if needed, or as directed by a physician.
- In some persons, persisting drowsiness may be experienced with a 50 mg dose (30 mL), in which case the medication should be subsequently reduced to 25 mg (15 mL).
Other information: Store at 20⁰C-25⁰C
|Ingredient (per dose)||Purpose|
|Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 50mg/30mL||Nighttime sleep aid|
anhydrous citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, ethyl alcohol, flavours, high fructose corn syrup, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin.
- Do not exceed recommended dose except on the advice of a physician.
- If sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks, consult your physician. Insomnia may be a symptom of serious underlying medical illness.
- Do not take this product if you have glaucoma, chronic lung disease, difficulty in urination due to an enlargement of the prostate gland, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless directed by a physician
- Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this product.
- If you are presently taking a prescription drug or other medication, do not take this product without first consulting your physician or pharmacist.
- Not to be used by elderly patients who experience confusion at nighttime. These drugs may produce excitation rather than sedation in the elderly. Therefore they should be avoided in this age group.